Sunday, April 4, 2010

guess what


I'm making a blog and I suspect it will be awesome. I want to do an awesome blog-a-day like you, Shannon, but that isn't going to happen so hopefully this will be at least a blog-a-week thing.

in addition to random blatherings about my unimportant life events and my opinions on things, I want to use this space to track my progress as I have just begun a new lifestyle change-- I'm (rigidly) following the alternate day diet, for two months at least. If I feel good and lose weight, then I'll stick to it rigidly until I'm at my goal weight (68 kgs) and then I'll stick to it more casually for the rest of my life. If it sucks and does nothing and I feel crap, then... I'll do something else I guess.

Anyway if you aren't familiar with the alternate day diet, it's basically this: one day you eat what you want and however much of it you want (the up or off day) and the next day you restrict your calorie intake (the down or on day). link to a better description

I've just barely started, so I'm interested in seeing when I start seeing results. I haven't been exercising as much as I used to, but I intend to get back into it once my work contract has run out and I'm back to being a barely-occupied bum.

Alternate Day Diet Week 1:
Start: Sunday, April 4/4/10.
Weight: 100.9 kgs

Other than that, I've begun to fancy myself some sort of a chef. I roast chickens regularly, I made an awesome pie crust that I used for an awesome chicken pot pie, some sweet mexican dishes, chai tea cupcakes, fantastic plum crumbles, and banana cake. Everything except the banana cake has been awesome. I have some pictures of a few of my creations, and when I do cook stuff I am going to post pictures here, as well as some guidelines. I don't use recipes for stuff that isn't cooked in the oven, mainly because I can't be bothered and I like to think that I know what I'm doing. I'm gutted that plums are out of season though... man they are a fantastic fruit.

So yes. This is my massively boring introductory post. But pretty much all of you are family, so I hope that maybe you'll come back anyway.

<3





PS I put all of those photos in because I care.

2 comments:

  1. I love you Kerri. Keep on posting. will make me happy. And lots of pictures. I love pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't use recipes for stuff that doesn't go in oven either. I like making my own stuff up. Your pictures are silly! I love you! Ella just said "Hey! that's my kerri!" hahahaha

    ReplyDelete